The e-Empowerment Zone (http://empowermentzone.tamu.edu/) is a
professional development materials delivery system co-developed with Dr. Trina Davis in conjunction with
eEducation. The eZone platform has been
used is multiple projects including
Key Features of the e-Empowerment Zone
- the Ocean Drilling Program,
- Partnership for Environmental Education and Rural Health (PEER),
- Accelerate Online
- Verizon ESL program
- User tracking through online modules
- "My eAssessment Center" -- a program at a glance center where student can see their progress in
each of the thirty-two modules, Internship evaluations, and other progress indicators.
- Private message boards used by student cohorts and facilitators.
- e-Portfolio system used by students to manage artifacts developed through the program.
- Assessments use embedded OnlineTesting exams.
- Extensive support tools for facilitators (Internship supervisors) to
use in tracking and mentoring students.
- Extensive administrative tools to allow program directors to monitor
student progress and spot students that need additional help.