These applets illustrate the relationship between the computational and
graphical aspects of correlation.
Change the values of points by:
- Dragging a point on the Scatterplot.
- Add point: click on the Scatterplot
- Delete point: click on a point in the Scatterplot. Hit the d or
Note. To recompute Scratch Pad results and values in the Summary Table
while dragging a point in the Scatterplot, press the SPACE bar.
- Use the "Export" button in the "Summary Table" to put the current
data points in the text boxes below the main applets. ( This may be
useful if you want to store the points in Excel, SPSS, etc. )
- Use the "Import" button in the "Summary Table" to replace the
current data points with the data in the text boxes. ( This has the affect
of removing all data if the boxes are empty. )
- Under the "Format" menu on the ScatterPlot you can
- Have the computer adjust the ranges to match your data
- Set Plot Options: change the X and Y ranges manually
- Set Plot Options: change the number of intervals